Commissioning Manager Jack-up Tender Barge
Lead – Commissioning Team Jack-up Tender Barge
Project - Jack-up Tender Barge
Vung Tau, Ba Ria Province Vietnam
01 October 2011
Project Manager Jack-up Tender Barge
Purpose of this position is to ensure integrity assurance for the pre-commissioning and commissioning for the jack-up tender barge / drilling rig projects.
· Actively support Client’s commitment to Environment, Health and Safety including:
o Adopting and promoting personal work practices and procedures in accordance with Client’s EHSMS standards;
o Actively participate in the client Project EHS Plan.
· Specific environmental, health and safety responsibilities including, but not limited to:
o Pre-commissioning and commissioning management of the Jack-up Tender Barge and infrastructure aspects undertaken by an EPC contractor on behalf of client;
o Ensuring that EHS considerations are adequately taken into account during Jack-up Tender Barge commissioning
o Continuously communicating to contractors Client’s expectations for EHS;
o Ensuring contractor EHS management systems meet the intent of Client’s commissioning requirements;
o Engaging with government agencies, municipalities, the public, industry and professional societies on Jack-up Tender Barge and infrastructure site EHS commissioning issues.
Project Commissioning Accountabilities
o Ensure successful development of commissioning systems & procedures for the Jack-up tender Barge Project
o Coordinate all engineering activities related to pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
o Manage databases for Mechanical Completion and Commissioning processes
o Oversee and supervise pre-commissioning and commissioning personnel
o Oversee the preparation of specifications and procedures for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities on all allocated projects, including the proper selection of equipment, instrumentation and consumables.
o Perform pre-commissioning activities on-site, onshore and offshore facilities or on installation vessels.
o Oversee all technical and commercial proposals for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
o Attend meetings with client regarding issues arising from pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Responsible for the supervision and management of commissioning aspects of the Jack-up Tender Barge Project.
- Ensure appropriate construction workforce planning, talent attraction, development and retention and resource deployment to ensure business delivery and employee developments needs are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline (ideally Electrical or Mechanical)
- Most likely a discipline engineer who has moved into project construction / commissioning management and leadership roles.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years experience in executing pre-commissioning & commissioning activities for offshore projects
- Experience in offshore projects commissioning is extremely desirable.
- Be familiar with international standards
- Have an engineering degree from a recognized university.
- Have good organizational skills
- Be familiar with Commissioning offshore equipment
- Excellent command of English Language ( written, oral and reading)
- Confident and able to communicate effectively at all levels
Strategic Change – Level 3: Supports Change
Strategic Thinking – Level 3: Articulates medium term priorities
Developing Organisations & People - Level 4: Provides structured individual development support
Team Effectiveness - Level 4: Guides the team and solicits input from others
Relationships & Influence - Level 4: Motivates others to work with self
Commercial Orientation - Level 3: Identifies opportunities to improve profitability of own area
Analytical Thinking - Level : Understands multiple-step linear cause and effect
Process Orientation - Level 4: Set up controls or goals to ensure adherence to standards
Applying Expertise – As required