Division : Development Department : Drilling Basic Function and Scope: Organize & order necessary mud products for executing the Drilling Fluids tasks ,Mix & maintain the drilling fluids on the rig sites. Prepares and maintains drilling/work over fluids for routine Development/Explorations and Workover wells. Monitors mud materials requirements for each phase of the well as required in the mud programme. Maintains appropriate records for each well. Task , Duties and Accountabilities:
- Checks mud properties periodically and reports properties in Daily Mud Report ,Handling all mud treatment and ensure proper use and maintenance of solids control equipment.
- Estimates the mud materials and chemicals required for drilling each phase. Includes estimating tonnage per material, per well and recommends estimates for ordering from stores
- Ensures adequate stock of mud chemicals are available in the rig ,Forecast material requirements for well-site operations and liaise with the mud advisor to ensure timely purchase, preparation and delivery of sufficient stock
- Ensuring loading/off-loading, stocking/re-stocking mud chemicals at the well site is done properly and carefully,Ensure that an adequate rig site chemical inventory and an accurate record of supply and consumption is maintained and reported properly
- Performs other related duties such as discussing mud related problems with the MUD ADVISOR and the DS on the rig.
- Performs field supervision on the mud system in use ensuring its compliance to the approved programme and provide a complete, accurate and informative
- Daily Drilling Fluid Report
- Completes the Mud Cost Report and the Mud Materials Used (MUD RECAP) and Transferred Report
- Responsible to ensure that all equipments supplied for the project at the well site i.e. Testing Equipment, Compressors, Mud Pumps, Bulk Silos, Mixing Tanks, etc are properly maintained and handled.
- Understands HSE norms, procedures, policy, regulations with relation to his area of responsibility. Ensures work is performed in a safe and environmentally friendly manner. Also he would have responsibility for implementing specific safety management systems.
- Initiates and recommends the proper and efficient mud programme for the rig operations
Good knowledge of English language (written/spoken)
Good computer skills ( Microsoft applications as a minimum
Desired Skills/Experience – Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressureFlexible and adaptable to a changing environment Ability to communicate with people at all levels