Main Tasks and Responsibilities.
· Monitoring the performance of the Fabrication & Installation Contractor with respect to platform process piping/welding inspection both at onshore and offshore locations. Responsible for ensuring that the structures piping & mechanical systems are fabricated, installed and tested fully in accordance with contractual requirements
· Monitoring fabrication & testing operations ensuring compliance with drawings and specified Bien Dong approved procedures.
· Assist in the review of piping shop/NDT drawings generated by Contractor.
· Assist the NDT Inspector in the review/interpretation of radiographs & other NDE reports.
· Assist the Material Controller in the receiving inspection of pipe & fitting materials & mechanical equipments upon delivery at site.
· Assist the QA Engineer in the preparation & execution of Project Quality Audits
· Liaise with Contractor’s Quality personnel in resolving non-conformances detected during process of fabrication & installation of piping. Ensuring that the contractor has adequate personnel available to meet inspection demand in a timely manner.
· Continuous monitoring of the Contractor piping records and documentation systems, ensuring that these are kept up to date in preparation for the compilation of the As Built Fabrication Dossier on completion of the works.
· Responsible for reporting to QC Engineer any deviations from Company specifications discovered
· Provide input to Project Weekly, Monthly & other reports related to the above tasks & responsibilities
· Reviewing of as-built drawings done by Contractors after completion of fabrication & offshore installation.
· Assisting in the review of Contractor’s Final As-built dossier (MDR) both onshore & offshore.
· Undertaking Ad Hoc inspection work as directed by the QA/QC Manager to include vendor inspection, review of vendor data, FAT witnessing, etc. related to mechanical equipment/items.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
Graduate of technical/science school preferably a degree in Mechanical Engineering
15 years minimum related to Oil & Gas Offshore Platform Structures, 10 years related to QA/QC
Preferably with working experience in Vietnam
Should have current qualification Certificate as AWS/CSWIP Welding Inspector
Preferably with qualification Certificate for radiographic film interpretation from PCN or equivalent
· Personal Attributes
Good command of the English language both written & verbal communication, be an active team member, disciplined & willing to go extra miles to meet Project goal & objective.
Respectable Computer skill