Key Areas of Responsibility:
Environment, Health and Safety
- Actively support Company’s commitment to Environment, Health and Safety including:
- Adopting and promoting personal work practices and procedures in accordance with Company Environment, Health and Safety Management System (EHSMS) standards;
- Actively participate in the Company Project EHS Plan.
- Specific EHS responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Support the Pipeline Team in all EHS activities;
- Ensure that EHS considerations are adequately taken into account in the process design of the gas transmission pipeline and facilities;
- Continuously communicate to contractors Company’s expectation for EHS;
· Provide process engineering advice during the Pipeline FEED and EPC phases including but not limited to:
· Provision of specialist process engineering support to Pipeline execution activities.
· Respond to Pipeline FEED and EPC contractor’s process engineering technical queries.
· Provide recommendations, input and direction to the Pipeline FEED and EPC contractor’s process engineering design effort in order to facilitate progress and to achieve fitness for purpose.
· Review and where necessary verify design and engineering activities.
· Ensure process engineering deliverables comply with the Pipeline design and operation philosophies established in the design basis and/or performance specifications.
· Ensure that process engineering interfaces between the Pipeline and both Upstream and Downstream facilities are properly addressed to achieve optimum solutions for the Project overall.
· Participate in Hazard studies and risk assessments as required.
· Review commissioning plans and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with Company project management procedures and technical specifications.
· Ensure compliance with Company and regulatory contracting processes.
· Support to construction and commissioning activities.
· Provide support to Company project team as a whole.
· Provide process engineering advice to operations personnel during the FEED and EPC phases including but not limited to:
· Assist in the troubleshooting of Pipeline operational problems.
· Assist in Pipeline optimisation to improve operational efficiency.
· Conduct and/or coordinate process investigations into process problems or opportunities.
· Assist in the pre-commissioning and commissioning of the Pipeline and associated facilities.
· Investigate, engineer and expedite Pipeline and associated facilities modifications or operational changes that are justified by operational, safety, environmental or commercial considerations ensuring that engineering technical integrity and standards have been addressed in accordance with Company’s standards and high quality oil/gas field practice.
· Assist in the definition of studies and project design bases.
· Pro-actively contribute to Company’s continuous improvement and innovative project management processes.
· Develop and maintain the necessary professional skills required for the position.
· Actively apply and promote Company’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Workplace Health and Well Being policies and to ensure that employees observe these principles within the workplace.
· Other duties as required at the direction of Engineering Manager – Pipeline.
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
Ø Engineering Degree essential
Ø Minimum 10 – 15 years engineering experience in oil and gas industry
Ø Minimum 5 years experience in process facilities design, PFD and PI&D development
Ø Substantial experience in the support and contribution of project development teams and management of contractors
Ø Proficient in process engineering calculations including mass and energy balances, hydraulics,
Ø equipment sizing and ratings, relief calculations etc
Ø Proven experience in the application of cause and effect diagrams and the use of API standards
Ø Experience with process system control design and development of control philosophies
Ø Experience in the use and application of process simulation software
Ø High computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Project.
Ø High levels of self-motivation, initiative and adaptability;
Ø Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Ø Strong analytical skills
Ø Ability to work in a multi disciplined team
Ø Well developed time management skills.
Ø Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and environments
Key Internal Relationships
Ø Company Upstream and Downstream process engineers
Key External Relationships
Ø FEED and EPC Contractors engineering teams