Title. Cliquez ici pour modifier.
Project Manager – Jack-up, Tender Barge
Construction Jack-up-Tender Barge
Vung Tau, Ba Ria Province Vietnam
01 October 2011
Responsible for the leadership, project management and execution of the Jack-up Tender Barge drilling rig installation project in accordance with Company EHSMS, quality, cost, contractual, schedule and regulatory requirements as provided for under the Contract.
· Establish clear EHS and technical standards consistent with COMPANY’s EHS vision and policies and agreed waivers and deviations.
· Ensure that Contract EHS and technical standards are met by the Jack-up Tender Barge Project Team, Contractor, subcontractors and third parties who support Jack-up Tender Barge Project delivery.
Scope of Work / Responsibilities
· Responsible for the overall execution of the project in accordance with the requirements from the PVMS and its ‘Client’ in terms of quality and time schedule.
· To act as client’s representative in coordinating and working with various sections / departments of PVMS, Client, Class and Regulatory Bodies, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, service providers during the entire execution of the project from engineering, construction, to commissioning and handover of the Tender Barge with the support of the Project Management Team.
· To be responsible for dealing with the day to day issues of various sections of the Project.
· To be responsible for providing overall guideline and strategies to execute the project.
· To be responsible for providing and approve all important procedures that will govern the execution of the Project.
· To be responsible for organizing, coordinating and managing all personnel in Project Management Team to achieve the best delivery outcome.
· Reporting weekly and monthly to the client’s Management Board and Client about the current status of the Project in all aspects with the support of the Planning Engineer.
- Manage the Jack-up Tender Barge Contractor to successfully deliver the Jack-up Tender Barge Project to practical completion.
- Act as Company Representative under the Jack-up Tender Barge Contract and manage the technical and commercial disputes with the Contractor
- Ensure project governance structure and standards are established in accordance with the Contract.
- Ensure technical and risk assurance plans are in place for the Project.
- Ensure systems are in place for cost and schedule control and forecasting.
- Provide weekly and monthly structured reports.
- Execute the work in accordance with the Contract to deliver the Jack-up Tender Barge.
- Liaise with key client managers in relation to activities that may affect overall project delivery through direct interaction and/or within the defined forums and committees.
- Establish the Contract phase organisation and management framework for the Client’s Jack-up Tender Barge Team
- Accountable for the provision of permits and other regulatory requirements to enable project execution.
- Ensure technical assurance plan and inspection test plan are established to assure contract compliance and verifies Jack-up Tender Barge completion.
- Ensure compliance with procedures, systems and processes
- Set and communicate the direction, vision and role accountabilities to ensure the Jack-up Tender Barge Project Team is aligned to the overall project vision.
- Drive the Jack-up Tender Barge Team to achieve results.
- Provide performance feedback, coaching and mentoring and ensure team development to optimise performance and commitment of discipline managers and employees.
- Drive process improvements or transform approaches to optimise Jack-up Tender Barge team performance and deliverables.
- Lead change initiatives effectively across the Jack-up Tender Barge Project to ensure a smooth transition.
- Ensure appropriate workforce planning, talent attraction, development and retention and resource deployment to ensure business delivery and employee developments needs are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline (ideally Mechanical, Structural or Marine)
- Eligibility for membership of Institute of Engineers or equivalent
- Most likely a discipline engineer who has moved into project management and leadership roles.
- Post-graduate qualifications in relevant field.
- Minimum 20 years experience in the shipbuilding, jack-up, tender barge, jacket and platform, drill ship fabrication and construction industry.
- 5-10 years proven experience in delivering major Jack-up Tender Barge or similar projects through EPC phase to commissioning and handover.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing large teams of multi-disciplinary professionals
Strategic Change – Level 4: Advocates change
Strategic Thinking – Level 3: Defines strategy for own area
Developing Organisations & People - Level 5: Systematically works on building own team capability
Team Effectiveness - Level 4: Coordinates and facilitates team performance
Relationships & Influence - Level 5: Facilitates collaboration options beyond own area
Commercial Orientation - Level 4: Identifies opportunities to improve profitability of own area
Getting Results - Level 4: Delivers beyond expectations
Analytical Thinking - Level 4: Maps out branching lines
Process Orientation - Level 5: Sets and tracks strict limits, stretch standards
Applying Expertise – As required