Title. Cliquez ici pour modifier.
SENIOR MUD ENGINEER
JOB SUMMARY: Primarily responsible in implementing drilling fluid services at offshore and land rigs. Manage and maintain mud materials, testing reagents, testing equipment and other tools at wellsite.
1. Engineer’s role in the provision of drilling fluid services:
a. Mixing mud properly and satisfy customer requirements of the properties and amount of mud. b. Conduct regular tests to evaluate the properties of the drilling fluids while drilling. Effectively control the quality and quantity of mud as well as mud materials.
c. Report and advise the proper treatment to keep mud in good shape, bring its properties back to specs to meet to strict demands from clients.
d. Making a daily report to clients and related parties of the properties and amount of drilling fluids.
2. Control and preserve drilling fluids chemicals, testing reagents, testing equipment and tools at rig:
a. Control the amount and type of the drilling fluids chemicals at rig. Estimate amount of chemicals will be used at each sections and require additional chemicals to ensure a continuous supplement chemicals for drilling.
b. Ensure the delivery of mud materials at well-site to be carried out properly.
c. Ensure all the testing reagents, testing equipment and other auxiliary items are received properly.
d. Ensure drilling fluids chemicals, testing reagents and laboratory equipment are well maintained to avoid breakdown or failure.
e. Control the amount and types of drilling fluid chemicals were used and the remaining volume.
f. Control the amount and types of other materials and equipment, such as shaker screen. g. Control the amount of back loading chemicals.
h. Making a daily report to clients and related parties about the volume and types of drilling fluid chemicals used and the current inventory.
3. Produce recaps and send to operation engineer to revise and send to relevant clients.
4. Perform other assigned tasks.
EVALUATION CRITERIA FOR COMPLETION
Well fulfill the job as senior drilling engineer, meet the requirement of clients representative at wellsite.
JOB DESCRIPTION 2
All the drilling fluids data and relating matters must be recorded and reported properly and trustfully.
2. The process of providing drilling services happens without incidents and troubles. Any problems happened must be solved quickly without advise affection to clients.
3. Good evaluation and feedback from customers.
4. Effectively complete the assigned work.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE TRAINING LEVEL:
- Bachelor graduated in faculty related to drilling oil and gas, chemicals.
- Completed basic training on drilling fluids.
- Completion of advanced drilling fluids training and other drilling relating courses.
- Complete the BOSIET courses
- Require at least 5 years working at wellsite, and at least 3 years working as senior mud engineer at offshore rigs (Working experience for MI SWACO is highly preferred)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: -
Understand safety rules during work at wellsite. - Master of the drilling fluids, the mud materials properties, mixing order, treatment when having problems, etc.
- Good knowledge of drilling operations.
- Good knowledge of mud plant and control the operation of mud plant. SKILL / ABILITY:
- Excellent command of English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Excellent skills in computer and Microsoft Office software. - Fluent in professional software (Onetrax, Virtual hydraulic ...)
- Be able to work independently under pressure and cooperatively with other supporter/assistant.
- Proficient skills of operating drilling fluids testing equipment.
- Good capability of planning and organizing work. - Presentation skills, persuasion and communication.
Be fit to work offshore and onshore at rig site for 4-5 week periods.
- Obtained valid health certificate to work offshore.