The post holder is accountable for leading a Geoscientists team in planning and implementing the exploration & appraisal and delivering G&G technical activities
Also responsible for resource appraisal of new license / farm-in opportunities in Vietnam and support in screening opportunities both in Vietnam & Asia Pacific.
Leading a Geoscientists team of 10+ members, reporting to General Director, functional link to international Exploration & Appraisal in HEADQUARTER.
· Technical Liaison – Liaison with Partners, third-party contractors and across teams/ departments to ensure project work plans are effectively executed to a high standard.
· Commercial Input – Work closely with the License Manager to ensure latest technical input is provided on all commercial negotiations.
· Participates in peer-based risk and resource estimation processes, ensures such processes are adhered to in conducting his/her evaluations, and seeks input from peers to ensure technical high quality is achieved in evaluations.
· Prepare long-term & annual Subsurface plans, plus scheduled in-year updates, in defining work programs, including milestones to deliver on license commitments & agreed in-year objectives.
· Is accountable for ensuring technical excellence either through in-house resources or service agreements with technical center and functional excellence teams in G&G activities
· Interact, both formally and informally, on a frequent basis with Partners, the state oil & gas company, other Government agencies, and company G&G network.
· Be a member of Company Leadership team, takes part in and contributes to a wider business agenda and leads/contributes to cross function business events / activities as required.
Growth (potential new license / farm-in opportunities):
· Process and interpret the new 3D seismic survey over 5.3/11
· Define optimum appraisal well locations with associated geological prognoses
· Liaise with Drilling team to optimize appraisal well planning and data acquisition in the area
· Support Company E&A in evaluating and screening opportunities both in Vietnam and Asia Pacific
Base (Blk Technical activities):
· Manage Subsurface Base activities in reservoir management, subsurface studies, reservoir performance review and reserves report.
· Provide assurance that both reservoir depletion and pace of extraction is optimized.
Other Job Requirements:
• B.S.in Geology or Geophysics, with experience commensurate to a Master’s degree or M.S. in Geology or Geophysics
• Demonstrable strengths in both development geology and geophysics.
• Capacity to work both within a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural environment, as well as networking remotely with discipline experts.
• Team building skills and the capacity to execute work programs within a broader business environment – with multiple stakeholder assurance needs.
• Capacity to succinctly engage senior management who may lack the post holders functional depth.
• Demonstrated ability to work across all phases of subsurface (exploration to production) technically.
• Experience in a workstation environment is essential as is the ability to combine all the seismic, static reservoir data and structural studies with the dynamic data and derived reservoir architecture to create and update a 3D reservoir model.
• Ability to work and network in a multicultural environment, provide leadership and guidance to a G&G professionals.
• Fluent in English,
• Minimum of 15+ years professional Oil and Gas Exploration experience working with or in a Cross-Functional Team or Technology group.
• A strong track record as a champion of ensuring safe processes, and prominent front-line safety leadership
• Experience in managing exploration geoscientists with various experience, including performance agreements and reviews, career development and administration is required.
• Experience in partnership/JV exploration operations is required.
• Work will require travel between Vietnam and abroad
• With contracting and related performance assurance, direct site contact with key contractors will be required.