Project Superintendent - Jack-up Tender Barge
Assist Project Manager & Construction Manager/ Yard Manager
Project- Jack-up Tender Barge
Vung Tau, Ba Ria Province Vietnam
01 October 2011
Project Manager Jack-up Tender Barge
Responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Construction/Yard Manager in the management system and overall execution of the construction aspect of the Jack-up Tender Barge Project.
· EHS Accountabilities
· Actively support client’s commitment to Environment, Health and Safety including:
· Adopting and promoting personal work practices and procedures in accordance with client’s EHSMS standards;
· Actively participate in the client Project EHS Plan.
· Specific environmental, health and safety responsibilities including, but not limited to:
· Site management of the Jack-up Tender Barge and infrastructure aspects undertaken by an EPC contractor on behalf of company;
· Ensuring that EHS considerations are adequately taken into account during Jack-up Tender Barge construction;
· Continuously communicating to contractors company’s expectations for EHS;
· Ensuring contractor EHS management systems meet the intent of client’s requirements;
· Engaging with government agencies, municipalities, the public, industry and professional societies on Jack-up Tender Barge and infrastructure site EHS issues.
· Project Delivery Accountabilities
· As Project Superintendent, responsible for coordination and interface of construction management of the Jack-up Tender Barge, including, but not limited to:
· Carry out planning of Master Construction Schedule with participation of the engineering section, procurement section with the support of the planning engineer in order to establish a feasible and workable Master Construction Plan and detailed Construction Plans for the purpose of achieving the cost and time target of the project.
· To be responsible for dealing with day to day construction issues of the Project.
· To be responsible for providing all construction procedures to be approved by the Yard Manager.
· To be responsible for managing and coordinating all subcontractor’s performance.
· To be responsible for managing all mechanical fabrication activities.
· Coordinate various fabrication sections, engineering, procurement, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers and service providers in terms of delivery, installation of equipment on the Jack-up Tender Barge.
· To assist Commissioning Manager in preparing all testing and commissioning activities.
· Report weekly and monthly Project Progress to the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manger about construction / mechanical activities.
· To perform other responsibilities assigned by Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager./
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline (ideally Structural, Marine or Mechanical)
- Most likely a discipline engineer who has moved into project construction management and leadership roles.
- 10 - 15 years proven experience in the construction of major offshore Jack-up Tender Barge/ Jacket and Topside projects through EPC phase to commissioning and handover.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing large teams of multi-disciplinary Jack-up Tender Barge, Jacket and Topside construction professionals
Strategic Change – Level 3: Supports Change
Strategic Thinking – Level 3: Articulates medium term priorities
Developing Organisations & People - Level 4: Provides structured individual development support
Team Effectiveness - Level 4: Guides the team and solicits input from others
Relationships & Influence - Level 4: Motivates others to work with self
Commercial Orientation - Level 3: Identifies opportunities to improve profitability of own area
Analytical Thinking - Level : Understands multiple-step linear cause and effect
Process Orientation - Level 4: Set up controls or goals to ensure adherence to standards
Applying Expertise – As required