- Primary Work Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Secondary Work Location: Offshore, Vietnam Block 15-1
- Required Travel: 10% or less
- Approximate time required offshore: 30%
· Rating equipment (separators, heat exchangers, compressors, pumps, etc.) to monitor performance and determine off-design capacity as required. Understand the impact on the hazardous area classification.
· Sizing and specifying control valve and relief valves with an understanding their impact on the rest of the system.
· Ability to develop Process Flow Diagrams and Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) from conceptual through to detailed engineering. Size and specify equipment for small projects.
· Assist in flow assurance issues such as waxy crude, hydrate inhibition, or chemical injection issues such as pour point depression or corrosion inhibition as well as performing pressure drop and fluid flow calculations.
· Troubleshoot facility operational problems (e.g., TEG dehydration package performance, oil/water separation, produced water treating, seawater de-aeration, etc.). Develop recommendations for resolving problems/issues experienced offshore.
· Participate, and as required, lead Management of Change processes.
· Spending significant time offshore observing operations and maintenance activities and develop recommendations to lower operating costs and improve the safety, reliability, and operability of the facilities. Approximately 30% of working hours will be spent offshore.
Qualifications and Skills required:
· Bachelors Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Other disciplines will be considered depending on experience.
· It is desirable for the candidate to have experience with offshore oil and gas facilities in a facilities engineering capacity. Working knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API and other industry specifications is required.
· Candidate must possess effective oral and written English language communication skills, and have a strong desire to learn.
· Good PC skills required